If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is recommended that you begin massage therapy as soon as possible in order to allow for a quicker recovery from the time of the accident. Our experienced therapists will customize a treatment plan to rehabilitate you from Motor Vehicle Accident injuries such as sprains, strains and whiplash.
In order to receive care after a Motor Vehicle Accident you should:
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible and follow your adjuster instructions.
- Fill out the forms sent to you by your adjuster as complete and clearly as possible.
- Call us to book an appointment. Do not book on-line. The forms related to your rehabilitative care are the OCF-3, OCF-18 and the OCF-23. Bring these forms with you to your first appointment. Please ensure the information such as your policy and/or claim number; adjuster’s name, address and fax/phone numbers; and the date of the accident are completely filled.
On your first appointment:
- You will be asked to fill-out a detailed Health History form.
- Your therapist will go over your insurance paper work with you to make sure that it is complete.
- An assessment of your physical condition will be completed and a custom treatment plan will be developed. A series of questions and testing will be completed so it is advisable to bring comfortable clothing to allow maximum ease of movement.
Any personal extended health insurance amounts for Massage Therapy will need to be used BEFORE the auto insurance company will pay for any treatment. Any out of pocket amounts can be claimed through your insurance company.