Learn to massage your baby. Infant massage is a nurturing, joyful way to bond with your baby while dramatically improving your newborn’s responsiveness and overall health. In fact, infant massage is second only to breastfeeding as the most fulfilling form of nurturing a baby can receive.
The practical value of infant massage is most apparent when dealing with colic, constipation, weaning, teething, post-natal depression, sleep difficulties and difficult breastfeeding. Nurturing touch for infants, babies and children has been shown to have many positive benefits.
Other benefits of Pregnancy Massage:
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs
- Increases blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering